Personal Details and Interests
I work with people to improve their well-being and fulfillment in life. My approach is client-centred, drawing from emotion-focused therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, mindfulness, and compassion.
Experience (Areas of Expertise)
I am experienced in addressing anxiety, depression, interpersonal problems, work-related stress, and supporting clients to manage life changes. I have a deep sensitivity to individual differences and welcome the opportunity to support people from diverse backgrounds. As a psychologist in organisational settings and in private practice, I have supported hundreds of people through personal change. I acknowledge my clients with presence and empathy, and collaborate with them to process their experiences and facilitate growth.
- Registration as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency.
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society
- Member of the British Psychological Society
- Member of International Society for Emotion Focused Therapy
- Member of the International Society for Coaching Psychology
- Masters of Applied Psychology, Murdoch University
- Postgraduate Diploma Psychology, Murdoch University
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), University of Western Australia
- Level 1 & 2, Emotion Focused Therapy, Australian Institute of Emotion Focused Therapy
- Diploma of Meditation Teaching, Perth Meditation Centre
Phone: (03) 9820 5577
There is a limited number of Bulk Billing appointments available with Amelia for non-wage earners. Please contact reception on 9820 5577 for further information.
** Medicare rebates available through the ‘Better Access to Mental Health Care’ Initiative. Apply for a referral under the Mental Health Care Plan with your GP.