For bookings, please use the “book now” button above. We are providing face-to-face and video/phone consultations as needed.
We have arrangements in place to maintain social distancing and cleaning standards during COVID-19.
PERSONAL DETAILS AND INTERESTS
I assist individuals in developing skills to manage their lives, gain enjoyment from their life, and lift and bolster their general feeling of well-being. Well-being is our ability to feel good and to function effectively and the absence of worries and concerns, or the confidence to be able to deal with our worries and concerns. When someone has high levels of well-being, they can bring strong focus and attention to each area of their life. They move through life with more ease and are able to manage work, relationships and their own emotions.
However, more and more people are presenting with lower levels of well-being. They report a sense of being scattered, having their attention drawn in too many different directions, and a sense of skimming through life. They may have repetitive thoughts, experience difficulty in switching off and feel like they are unable to relax.
My approach to working with you to build your well-being is grounded in an understanding of cognitive and behavioural approaches, Rational Emotive Therapy (RET) and science-backed learnings from neuroscience and neuropsychology. Together with cognitive reappraisal and reframing, emotional validation, empathy and compassion.
What if the answers and solutions you need are already inside of you, and you need someone to hear them, validate them, and then walk with you on your path to a happier, more fulfilling and active life?
EXPERIENCE (AREAS OF EXPERTISE)
I have worked closely with clients (in an employment setting) to manage the following:
- Life Direction, goal-setting & life-coaching
- Career management and professional development
- Stress management
- Life skills to manage interacting with others, managing stress, tough times and building resilience
- Self-esteem, shyness, improved confidence & personal development
- Assertiveness skills, conflict resolution & relationship issues
- Procrastination, perfectionism, & high self-criticism
- People pleasing, overly trusting, or an inability to trust others
- Building and maintaining relationships, both personal and professional
- Mindfulness, relaxation, and meditation with a focus on using your natural breath
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS) for 20 years
- Registered as a Psychologist and Health Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Registered as a Health Practitioner with the Therapeutic Goods Administration
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology), La Trobe University, Melbourne.
- Graduate Diploma Behavioural Studies Health Care (Psychology) (Honours), La Trobe University, Melbourne.