Lisa Schafer provides telehealth appointments.
For bookings, please use the “book now” button above.
PERSONAL DETAILS AND INTERESTS
Lisa is a registered psychologist with 20+ years of experience empowering individuals to believe in themselves, develop more confidence, and improve clarity and direction in their lives.
With a calm, warm and empathetic style, Lisa creates a supportive environment for clients to feel heard and understood. She uses a holistic and strengths-based approach to help clients harness their unique strengths, recognise their sources of energy and build greater resilience and wellbeing.
Lisa specialises in helping women struggling with anxiety, and incorporates a variety of evidence-based practices including acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), emotion focused practice (EFT), narrative coaching and mindfulness-based therapy.
Lisa also has extensive experience in leadership and talent development, consulting and human resources from her previous positions at various organisations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology (Swinburne University)
- Bachelor of Science (psychology double major) (The University of Melbourne)
- Master of Organisational Psychology (Monash University)
- Narrative Coach Enhanced Practitioner (The Moment Institute)
- ACT as a Brief Intervention (Dr Russ Harris)
- EFT Attachment Science in Practice (Dr Sue Johnson)
- Psychologist Registration with Australian Health Practitioners Agency (AHPRA)
- Professional Member of Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA)
Lisa provides telehealth appointments.
She works on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
** Medicare rebates available through the ‘Better Access to Mental Health Care’ Initiative. Apply for a referral under the Mental Health Care Plan with your GP.